At Precept Renewable Energy Services Australia Pty Ltd (PRESA), we are dedicated to providing environmentally friendly, cost-effective energy solutions, such as LED lighting. Switching to LED lighting will not only benefit the environment, it will also mean a reduction in your energy costs with a payback as little as 1.8 years. Combine a switch to LED lighting with an expert PRESA solar installation, and you can expect great savings on your utility bills.
Benefits of LED Lighting
- Energy efficient: It is estimated that LED lights use approximately 15% of the power that halogen lights require. In actual fact, the majority of the energy that halogen lamps used goes towards heating up the light globe itself. So, if you have halogen lights installed in your property, you’re actually wasting electricity (and therefore your hard-earned cash) on heating, rather than lighting.
- Cost effective: Given the huge power savings you are likely to experience when installing LED lighting (as mentioned) above, it should come as no surprise that you will see a corresponding drop in your power bills. Regardless of whether you’re going to install LED lighting in your home, your apartment, or your large-scale factory, you’ll easily recoup the upfront installation cost in savings on your power bills in no time at all.
- Tough and long-lasting: LED lights are much more durable than traditional light globes; they have no delicate filaments that are prone to breakages. In addition, LED light globes last, on average, around eight to ten times longer than a halogen light; you usually obtain around 80,000 hours worth of light from an LED globe.
- Small and flexible: LED light globes come in a whole range of shapes and sizes, and can even be as tiny as just 2mm across. This wide variety in size and design means they are the perfect option when it comes to hard to reach, awkward spaces. LED light globes have also been designed to concentrate light; they are able to shine or pinpoint light into specific areas, without it dispersing. With LED lights installed, small nooks and crannies can be lit much more quickly and easily.
- Instant response: LED lights instantly light up. They go from off, to full brightness in one simple move. By comparison, your more traditional halogen light globes take some time to warm up before they reach maximum capacity. That means you’re paying for additional power, and waiting for optimum light.
- Environmentally friendly: LED lights are considerably more environmentally friendly than more lighting options, such as halogen lamps. In fact, by using LED lights, you usually reduce your carbon footprint by as much as a third. This is for a whole range of reasons:
- LED light globes require far less power to run (as much as 15% in some instances).
- LED lights do not emit harmful UV rays, neither do they contain mercury or any other harmful gasses.
- Tests prove that a 13W LED light globe emits 68% less carbon dioxide than a standard light bulb over ten hours.
- LED light globes are recyclable.
- LED lights are low-voltage, which makes them the perfect partner for a property that uses solar power.